Within the Namakhvani HPP project, ENKA’s implemented/ongoing social projects:
Kindergartens / Schools
- In 2018, scholarships were awarded to the best students of Rioni Valley schools.
- In 2018, the playground of Tvishi Kindergarten was fully equipped with all necessary inventory.
- In December 2019, New Year presents were given to students of all schools in the project area (schools of Opurchkheti, Joneti, Derchi, Tvishi and Orkhvi).
- In December 2019, New Year decorations were given to all schools in the project area.
- In December 2019, New Year events were held in Tvishi and Orkhvi schools.
- In October 2020, laptops were delivered to schools in Opurchkheti, Joneti and Derchi.
- In November 2020, restoration works were carried out at Joneti School.
- In 2020, a library was restored in the village of Ofurchkheti, which will be equipped with books and all necessary inventory.
Socially Vulnerable Families – Social Assistance
- At the end of 2019, 420 socially vulnerable families in 13 villages of Rioni Valley were provided with basic food social packages;
- At the end of April 2020, during the quarantine period, 420 socially vulnerable families in 13 villages in the Rioni Valley were provided with basic social food packages;
- In November-December 2020, 250 vulnerable families in 10 villages of the Rioni Valley were provided with basic social food packages;
- A person with disabilities living in Vanischala was given an electronic wheelchair. His training and employment are planned in the near future;
- In 2018, trainings were conducted for beekeepers in Rioni Valley;
- In 2020, under the FAO project, five locals received a wine production grant, co-financed by the company;
- Assisted the residents of Rioni Valley in developing projects in 2020 to receive various grants (GRETA, FAO and “Produce in Georgia”); The selection process is underway;
- Rioni Valley Development Association was registered. In January 2021, 4250 kilograms of honey was bought from 22 local beekeepers and it is soon to be shipped to Kazakhstan.
- In 2018, a speed limit barrier was installed in the village of Namokhvani;
- In 2018, repair of pedestrian bridge in Lower Oncheishi;
- In 2018, the local road of Derchi was rehabilitated;
- After the flood in the village of Zhoneti in 2020, technical assistance was provided to the village – the damaged river bank barrier was repaired and the local road was cleared;
- The water supply system is being repaired in the village of Mamatsminda;
- The water supply system is being repaired in the village of Zarati.